Spicy cold. Sooooo good.
Makes 8-10 servings
- 473ml Clamato®
- ½ loaf day-old French bread, crust removed, cut into half-inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 30g green onions, whites only, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 60ml sherry cooking wine
- 60ml lemon juice
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- Place diced bread in a large bowl and cover with Clamato; allow bread to soak.
- In a blender or food processor, blend tomatoes, green bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, garlic, sherry cooking wine, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and paprika.
- Add bread soaked in Clamato; puree until smooth.
- Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more Clamato, if needed.
- Strain soup into a glass bowl, cover, and chill for at least one hour.
Serve in chilled bowl topped with chopped coriander.