Cod made better with Clamato.
Makes 6-8 servings
- 946ml bottle Clamato®
- 700g fresh cod
- 700g small red potatoes
- 1kg ripe tomatoes
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 60g flat leaf parsley
- 100g Red-Pepper-Stuffed Spanish olives, drained
- 60g capers
- 100g Pickled Silverskin Onions
- 4 large red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp thyme
- Parsley for garnish
- Cook potatoes in boiling water and separate when done.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender. Puree.
- Heat a few glugs of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add the tomato mixture, stir, and cook the whole thing until it’s reduced and thick.
- While tomato mixture is cooking, place the cod in a saucepan and cover it with water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer the fish for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Pull apart the fish into small pieces and take out any bones.
- Once the tomato sauce has thickened, add the parsley, olives, capers, pearl onions, sliced bell peppers, and thyme.
- Stir in enough Clamato to create a soupy broth.
- Add fish to the pan, nestling it inside so it’s covered by the other ingredients.
- Simmer for an hour, adding more Clamato if fish looks too dry.
- When fish is done cooking, add potatoes to the pot and stir.
- Serve in heaping spoonfuls on a plate and garnish with parsley.