Bacon Bloody Marys
A brunch favourite...
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Pinch of cayenne
- 300ml Clamato juice
- 75 ml vodka
- 1/2 -1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 gherkin slices
- 2 lemon wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan). Line a small baking tray with baking parchment.
Lay the bacon on tray and then sprinkle on the sugar & cayenne.
- Cook for 20-25 min until golden and crispy. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the clamato juice, vodka, lemon juice, celery salt, a few dashes each Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco and some freshly ground black pepper. You can tailor the seasoning to your tastes.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses over ice. Garnish with the cooled bacon, a celery stick, gherkin slice and a wedge of lemon.